We sell a complete range of potjie pots (English pronunciation "poy-key") both with and without legs, as well as flat bottomed bake pots. The majority of them are untreated cast iron pots as used to make "potjie kos" (pot food) in South Africa. We do have enameled potjie pots in size 2 and 3 with legs which do not need to be treated. Our traditional range of potjies are not treated on the inside and have only a protective layer of vegetable oil to prevent rusting and to help with curing during storage.
If you do buy one of our untreated potjie or bake pots then you will need to treat them before use as follows:
1. Wash out thoroughly with boiling water and scouring pad and dry over a heat source.
2. Coat inside with any cooking oil and heat until oil begins to smoke.
3. Using a paper towel, wipe inside clean. Repeat until towel wipes clean.
4. The pot is now ready for use. The more you use it the better it becomes.
5. After each use wash, dry and coat inside with oil.
6. Store in a dry place with absorbent paper inside.
Most important. Enjoy your potjie!
Description: 28cm Diameter, 31cm high with legs,Depth of Potjie 22cm (Only +- size)Contact us about this product
Single unitMore Info
Description: Jumbo Plat Potjie Pot (without legs), Number 3Contact us about this product
Size 3More Info
Description: Enamel PotjieContact us about this product
Description: 30cm Diameter, 35cm high with legs,Depth of Potjie 24cm (Only +- size)Contact us about this product
Size 1More Info
Description: Enamel Potjie potContact us about this product
Description: 28cm Diameter,28cm high with legs,Depth of the potjie 18cm(only +- size)Contact us about this product
Description: In South Africa, a potjie (pronounced /poiki:/), directly translated "small pot" from Afrikaans, is a traditional round, cast iron, three-legged (tripod) pot.(23cm Diameter,Height 24cm,depth of potjie 14cm) Only +- size, Incl LidContact us about this product
Size 2More Info